Cooperation between authorities
Unemployment Fund Pro cooperates with various authorities to speed up the processing of applications and to ensure that benefits are not paid for overlapping periods. These authorities include:
- The Social Insurance Institution of Finland (Kela), which provides information on benefits paid to the member
- The Finnish Tax Administration, which directly sends tax information, including revised tax cards, to the unemployment fund
- The Incomes Register, which provides income information
- The Finnish Centre for Pensions, which provides employment information
- The Digital and Population Data Services Agency, which provides address information and information on children
The cooperation enables cross-referencing and automatic exchange of information and grants employees processing applications for Unemployment Fund Pro access to service portals maintained by the authorities.
However, this cooperation does not eliminate the applicant’s duty to notify the unemployment fund about matters such as benefits or income received during a period of daily allowance.